The IRBV has set itself the following missions:
IRBV strives to provide an equitable, diverse and inclusive work and living environment. In 2020, the Institute created an Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) committee to give concrete expression to its commitment and promote its values.
- to promote the on-going development of a centre of excellence in plant biology and biodiversity, both in fundamental research and its applications
- to ensure the conservation of research collections in plant biology, entomology and mycology
- to train students in plant biology and biodiversity at the bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and post-doctoral levels
- to promote the continuing education of its researchers and technical personnel
- to facilitate the technological transfer of its scientific research results to the community